Vitalik Buterin, the brain behind the Ethereum project, is one of the most influential personalities in today’s crypto ecosystem. In 2011, he became involved in the Blockchain sector. After that, he established himself as a force reckoned with in Crypto. This article will cover five facts about this blockchain prodigy that you probably didn’t know.
Before we cover some facts about Vitalik, it is noteworthy that we discuss his background, also you can learn more about trading cryptocurrencies like BTC, ETH, and trending altcoins through personal interaction with experts.
Our Paradise Team is a group of experts with more than 6 years of experience in trading cryptocurrency, after developing a deep understanding of trading crypto, we are now helping others with information and education that will change their lives.
Join our ParadiseFamilyVIP membership today on Binance (spot and futures), Bybit, Kucoin, OKX, and Bitmex using PRO20% for your special20% discount; you’ll have a personal trading expert to assist you in all your trades with little or no effort required from you to win trades.
Hurry now as the promo expires soon and click here for reviews from our clients.
Before discussing five facts you don’t know about Vitalik Buterin, let us unravel his background. On January 31st, 1994, Vitalik was born in Kolomna in the Moscow Oblast of Russia. He spent his early years in Russia until his family immigrated to Canada in search of better economic prospects when he was six.
He attended a public elementary school in Canada up to the third grade, when he was identified as brilliant and enrolled in an advanced curriculum. Vitalik rapidly understood that his unique abilities and qualities made him stand out among his classmates and instructors in the program. He had a mind for numbers, could mentally add three-digit figures twice as quickly as the typical person his age and showed an early and sustained interest in economics.
In 2011, Vitalik sought a change in his life’s trajectory when he discovered Bitcoin.
He was first sceptical, wondering what the point would be without some tangible backing.
Nonetheless, as time went on, he gained more knowledge and grew more fascinated.
He was interested in officially collecting some tokens to participate in this emerging economy. Still, he lacked the processing ability to generate them or the funds to buy Bitcoin.
So, he joined Bitcoin-related online communities searching for a job and finally settled on writing blog posts for around five Bitcoin each.
Simultaneously, he researched bitcoin from various angles, including its economics, technology, and politics. His writings drew the attention of Romanian Bitcoin enthusiast Mihai Alisie, and in late 2011, the two of them co-founded Bitcoin Magazine. He was putting in more than 30 hours a week between writing, travelling, and crypto work, so he dropped out of school.
In computer science, a problem can be solved on a computer using a Turing-complete programming language if enough time and memory are allocated and the proper method is used. In analyzing blockchain protocols and initiatives being used, Vitalik concluded that the protocols’ functionality could be replaced with a Turing-complete programming language, allowing for a significant generalization of the protocols’ underlying mechanisms. Since existing projects and initiatives would accept his idea, he decided to create Ethereum independently.
Five Facts You Don’t Know About Vitalik Buterin
● He learnt about Bitcoin from his father. At 17, he heard about Bitcoin from his dad. When Vitalik was 17, his father, Dmitry Buterin, a serial entrepreneur, introduced him to Bitcoin. Indeed, Vitalik didn’t investigate it until much later. He was a prodigy from a young age; When he was young, his parents made the journey from Russia to Canada. In Canada, Vitalik attended a regular primary school. When he reached third grade, school administrators decided to put him in a class for very bright students. Vitalik’s exposure to economics, programming, and mathematics in the gifted children’s class occupied his interest.
● Vitalik abandoned his university education. Vitalik dropped out of the University of Waterloo in 2014 to accept the Thiel Fellowship award. It was worth $100,000. A crowd sale for Ethereum tokens (ETH) had been launched and was already in progress. In 2014, Buterin won the Thiel Fellowship Award, which he used to fund the development of many groundbreaking scientific and technological endeavours. Also, in 2014, he bested Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg to take home the World Technology Network (WTN) award for information technology software.
● At the very young age of 19, he wrote the first whitepaper for the Ethereum platform. Vitalik, all 19 years old at the time, had the concept for an improved version of Bitcoin. The main change was that smart contracts, complex scripts, could now run on the Ethereum network. The Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), a runtime environment that can execute Turing complete scripts on top of the blockchain, may be used to put the smart contracts into action. Building decentralized applications on top of the Ethereum Blockchain, was a monumental step forward.
● He is worth $500-600 million. Vitalik is said to be worth between $400 and $500 million. This figure is based on his Ethereum holdings (the number of ETH assigned to him during the initial stages of the project launch). He is also known to have a substantial amount of bitcoins.
● He contributes significantly to charity. Buterin decided to make a sizable philanthropic gift after the deal, which garnered him a million dollars. Since then, his publicly stated philanthropic donations total a little over $4 million. Buterin seems to enjoy supporting cutting-edge technology disciplines via his charitable efforts, such as the $2.4M gift he gave to the SENS Research Foundation for rejuvenation biotechnologies and human life extension research. He has contributed to more conventional humanitarian projects, such as his $1 million gift in collaboration with OmiseGO, which was targeted at assisting underprivileged refugees in Africa.
Join our telegram channels where we share our FREE updates and analysis on coins like BTC, ETH, and other trending altcoins. We also share our FREE secret insights, and also FREE market updates.